Create Your Path Workshop 6: Idea Generating
BrainRain and Buckets
Objective: In this workshop, students will learn how to take their questions from Workshop 5 to the ideation stage of the innovation process. Students will engage in intentional, innovative thinking about their future, both immediately and long-term. Students will break down a big challenge into smaller ideas.
Activity – Students will:
- Utilize various ideation methods to generate new ideas.
Development – Students will create:
- A list of ideas using the BrainRain method.
- A list of ideas using the Buckets method.
Outcome – Students will learn how to:
- Utilize various tools to generate ideas.
- Collect and capture ideas.
Workshops In This Program:
- Workshop 1: Resources, Experiences
- Workshop 2: Visual Journey Story, Hero’s Journey
- Workshop 3: Strengths, Passionate Interests
- Workshop 4: Artifacts, Specific Strengths-Interests-Values
- Workshop 5: Envision Challenge, Questions
- Workshop 6: Idea Generation
- Workshop 7: Idea Analysis, Idea Synthesis, Concept Development
- Workshop 8: Selection, Concept Communication, Launch
Create Your Path: Reflecting & Strategizing for Professional Growth is a series of video workshops designed to help university students create their own path to a successful life and career, integrating the academic, professional, and personal together. Click below for a free video sample of the program, as well as information on customizing or ordering the program for your organization.