Create Your Path Workshop 3: Strengths, Passionate Interests
Strengths and Passionate Interests
Objective:Â In this workshop, students will utilize reflection of the micro and macro to gain insight into the skills they have, the values they hold dear, and the passionate interests that engage them.Â Students will zoom in on a key experience to appreciate the lessons to be learned from it, then step back to look at the big picture.Â Finally, students will focus on a path guided by their strengths and passionate interests, amassing a list of the key things that make them unique.
Activity â€“ Students will:
- Use key experiences to identify strengths and passionate interests.
- Deconstruct and create a visual mindmap conceptualization of those key experiences.
Development â€“ Students will create:
- A list of strengths and passionate interests.
Outcome â€“ Students will learn how to:
- Identify strengths and passionate interests through micro and macro reflections.
- Discern a more focused path.
Workshops In This Program:
- Workshop 1: Resources, Experiences
- Workshop 2: Visual Journey Story, Hero’s Journey
- Workshop 3: Strengths, Passionate Interests
- Workshop 4: Artifacts, Specific Strengths-Interests-Values
- Workshop 5: Envision Challenge, Questions
- Workshop 6: Idea Generation
- Workshop 7: Idea Analysis, Idea Synthesis, Concept Development
- Workshop 8: Selection, Concept Communication, Launch
Create Your Path: Reflecting & Strategizing for Professional Growth is a series of video workshops designed to help university students create their own path to a successful life and career, integrating the academic, professional, and personal together.Â Click below for a free video sample of the program, as well as information on customizing or ordering the program for your organization.