Iowa State Leadership Experience
Post-Conference Leadership Program
Sign-up and you will be automatically emailed the first workshop and materials. This is free for ISU students.
“Create You Path” Online Workshop
Sign up for free ISU access to Create Your Path Workshop 1: Resources & Experiences
Discover, Integrate, and Focus
Objective: In this introductory module, students will identify experiences and resources they have leveraged thus far in their academic, professional, and personal lives. Students will be introduced to the innovation process by reflecting on the building blocks of specific resources, followed by key experiences, and integrate them together in order to begin creating their unique path.
Activity – Students will:
- Identify key experiences and resources.
Development – Students will create:
- A journal or portfolio.
- A list of key experiences and resources.
Outcome – Students will learn how to:
- Access the innovation process.
Use Kolb’s Experiential Learning Cycle
- Begin the self-innovation process for themselves.
Workshops In This Program:
- Workshop 1: Resources, Experiences
- Workshop 2: Visual Journey Story, Hero’s Journey
- Workshop 3: Strengths, Passionate Interests
- Workshop 4: Artifacts, Specific Strengths-Interests-Values
- Workshop 5: Envision Challenge, Questions
- Workshop 6: Idea Generation
- Workshop 7: Idea Analysis, Idea Synthesis, Concept Development
- Workshop 8: Selection, Concept Communication, Launch
Create Your Path: Reflecting & Strategizing for Professional Growth is a series of video workshops designed to help university students create their own path to a successful life and career, integrating the academic, professional, and personal together. Click below for the first workshop from the program free. This will give you a sample of the whole program.